In the first half of the presentation, we will discuss the anatomical pachychoroid and associated neovascular disease processes. The second half of the presentation will discuss that Peripapillary choroidal neovascularization may be associated with multiple ocular diseases aside from exudative age-related macular degeneration. This lecture will explore differential diagnoses, diagnostic features, and current recommendations for treatment and management.
• By the end of the presentation, attendees will be able to identify and describe the pachychoroid disease phenotype.
• By the end of the presentation, attendees will be able to describe in basic detail Pachychoroid Neovasculopathy (PNV) and Pachychoroid Aneurysmal Type 1 Neovascularization (AT1).
• By the end of the presentation, attendees will be able to determine the appropriate treatment and management of pachychoroid neovascular diseases.
• Diagnose peripapillary choroidal neovascularization and distinguish it from other entities via the proper imaging techniques.
• Distinguish the types of PCNV, underlying cause, and its respective treatment protocol.
• Identify the potential impact on vision given the presentation of peripapillary choroidal neovascularization and determine the necessity and urgency of referral for treatment.